- Play Nice, Be cool
- We’re pretty chill here on DMZCraft, so this one should come naturally. However, if you kick the bees nest, prepare to get stung. We don’t tolerate bullying, hate-speech, asshats or trolls of any form.
- Griefing = Bad
- Come on, do you really need an explanation of this one? Don’t waste your time trying to grief, you will be found out, you will be banned and we will fix the damage in a matter of minutes.
- Spread out!
- In our experience, we have found that players are like tigers, each have vast tracts of land they like to wander and hunt. When these territories overlap, shit gets ugly. Please help us prevent shit getting ugly by leaving at least a 200-300 block buffer between you and other players homesteads. Unless, of course, you’re living in a town – in which case this would be a stupid idea.
- Non-Game breaking mods allowed
- This is basically to prevent any advantages over other players. Things like auto-tillers, auto-attackers, fly hacks, xray hacks all count as game-breaking. The level of non-game breaking we’re talking about is things like Rei’s Minimap, Optifine or Inventory Tweaks. If you’re unsure if you’re allowed a client mod, ask a member of the admin staff (Alphas, the Cyan rank).
- Spelling and grammar matter.
- In order for everyone to have a good game and communicate with each other, we’d appreciate it if you spoke in proper English (The American English vs UK English is a debate for another time). This extends to being courteous, polite, and not spamming with caps or other such nonsense.
If you feel you’re ready to step up to the responsibilities of the next rank please go and fill out an application form and we will get to it as soon as we can. Remember that the higher the rank, the better the application will have to be. The admin staff take everything into account when considering promotions including your stats and playtime on the server, character references from other players, your involvement with community events and your general attitude to the other players on the server.
As a basic guideline for filling out your application, there are several things you can include to increase your chances of us accepting your application. These include (but are not limited to):
- Screenshots (or albums) of builds you’ve done both here on DMZCraft and elsewhere (preferably with a verification sign with your username visible).
- An anecdote or two of personally memorable events on the server.
- Evidence of your participation in, or organisation of, any community events/builds/games.
- Screenshot(s) of your current OnTime stats (helps us streamline the research process).
For a more in-depth guide for what we’re looking for respective of the rank you’re applying for, you can check out the ranks page for descriptions of promotion criteria
We offer GriefPrevention for personal land claims, LWC for chest locking, WorldGuard for administrative protections, and CoreProtect to do rollbacks if something bad manages to happen in spite of all the protections. More information in the Features page.
You can email:
with any questions or concerns and it will get directly to the server owners.
If you’re emailing about a server outage, all you need to do is put “Outage” in the subject line (preferably with a timestamp of when it down, if known) and we’ll know what to do.
Or, you can fill in this form. If you have screenshots about the problem please make an imgur gallery and submit a link.